Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline

I. First paragraph
A. My name
B. My age
C. How I came to USA
D. About my husband
E. Where I go to church

II. Second Paragraph
A. My passion
B. Things I love to do
C. The job of an educator




My name is Hannah Armstrong. I am 23 years old, and have always lived in Mobile, Alabama. I attended Faulkner State University to complete my prerequisites. I transferred this semester to University of South Alabama to complete my degree in Elementary Education. I recently got married in March. My husbands name is Colton, and he is an electrician. He is super supportive of me. We also have a cute Miniature Schnauzer named Piper. I work part time at Greater Mobile Urgent Care as a receptionist. I have been working there for 4 years now. While I am not working or at school, I love to spend quality time with my friends and family, and go to church. I attend First Baptist Tillman's Corner. I have gone to that church since I was very young.

I have a passion for young children, and being a part of their education would be ideal for me. Growing up, I always loved to help my mom out with my younger sisters. I also like to help in the children's Sunday School at church. It is there that I found my passion for young children. Becoming a teacher was not a hard decision for me. I believe that educators have a tough job. They encounter many things. They deal with many different children, who may all have different ways of learning. They cater to their needs, all while trying to follow a curriculum. I also feel that educators should have a lot of patience.

After completing this class, I hope to have better knowledge of what technology is available to me, and how to use it. I am pretty computer literate, I thought. After the first couple of classes with Dr. Strange, I fear that my knowledge of the computer and what is available to me is not so great! Hopefully leaving this class I can use all of this technology to the best of my ability.


Photo source: cbcedmond.org

No comments:

Post a Comment