Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blog Post #10

I believe that we could take away many new ideas from the interview with Mrs. Cassidy. I learned that using a blog can really help with the students writing capabilities. She said that her students writing only gets better with every blog post. She really encouraged staying up to date with all the technology. We are an ever changing world. Technology is here to stay. I learned that if that you are handicapping your students if you are not up to date with the latest technology. She also talked about how you should always explore new ideas and be open to always learning something new. The interviews with Mrs. Cassidy are listed below.
First Graders in Mrs. Cassidy's Class
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 2
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 3

I thought it was very neat that her 1st grade students were blogging once a week. This is definitely something I will do in my class one day. Like Mrs. Cassidy said, by having the students blog, this helps improve their writing skills. This will also get them excited because their work will be on the internet, and they will have an audience. They will get comments on their blog, so this will be even more exciting that someone has something to say about their work.

screenshot of Dr. Strange and Mrs. Cassidy's interview

photo source:www.reynoldskathrynedm310.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you link your readers to any of the videos you watched? Besides blogging, what other technologies and techniques might you use in your future classroom? Also, what impediments might you face, and how would you address them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! I added the links so you can see the videos that I watched. Besides blogging, I might use things like the iPad or Smart board for the students to do activities on. This would be like a center that the students might visit during class. I could also use the computer, or maybe even the Smart board to do a video chat with another class or another professional. Some impediments that I might face may be not having computers or internet access in the classroom. I'm not sure how I would handle that. I might could make a trip to the library at the school and use the computers there if they were available to me.

    ReplyDelete