Friday, October 3, 2014

Blog Post #7

I think that I may have many strengths and many weaknesses. Of course, this is only what I think, because I have not had a lot of hand on experience. I believe that one of my strengths are that I pick up things pretty quickly. For the most part, I learn fast. I think that one of my weaknesses might be wanting to just do it for the student instead of explaining it and letting them try it for themselves.

The How To Make A QR Code video was new to me. I had never heard of it before. Ms. Bennett's video instructions were very informative and very easy to follow. I think that letting students record their own voices reading, may help them learn better and faster.

The iPad Centers video taught me a lot about helpful ways to teach students how to read well. I thought it was cool how students were videoing themselves reading, and then correcting their mistakes. This is a great way to for students to advance their reading skills.

After watching Poplet As A Center, I immediately loved this teaching tool. Getting students to take pictures and then in their own words, creating a sentence in their own words about the picture really encourages students in their writing creativity and skill.

The AVL As A Kindergarten Center video was about Kindergarten classes using Alabama Virtual Library to search for things that they might be learning about. This is actually on thing that I am familiar with. We used this tool throughout all of Elementary and High school. One thing that I did not know about Alabama Virtual Library is that it would read to the student and to help them understand how to pronounce the words that they may not know.

I also loved Mrs. Shirley's Discovery Education Board. It was very informative. I have heard of Discovery Education before, but the "build a board" part was new to me. I thought it was neat how the students could find the most interesting facts to them about a specific subject and add them to their board. This really gets they student engaged in their learning. This is a great example of project based learning.

In the two videos Mrs. Tassin's 2nd Grade Students Share Board Builder Project Part 1 and Mrs. Tassin's 2nd Grade Students Share Board Builder Project Part 2, students learned how to do research and upload pictures to the board. Both of the projects in these videos were very well done. After watching this video, I have come to the conclusion that 2nd graders are probably more technology savy than I am as a college student.

Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library is being used in Kindergarten, and I think it's great! I mean these kids are only 5 years old and they can do research and create an iMovie book trailor.

The video We All Become Learners has a message that is meant to say that everyone teaches everyone. This means that teaching and learning is a never ending circle.

teacher sitting with a student at a laptop

photo source:www.teach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment