Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

I really learned a lot from Randy Pausch's Last Lecture that he gave at Carnegie Mellon. This lecture was on achieving your childhood dreams. His outlook on life was amazing even though he knew he was dying. I thought it was very cool that he didn't want anyone to feel bad for him. He was satisfied with his life. He had completed almost all of his childhood dreams.

Randy Pausch had 6 childhood dreams. They were being in zero-gravity, playing in the NFL, authoring an article in the World Book Encyclopedia, being Captain Kirk, winning stuffed animals, and being a Disney Imagineer. Even though he did not complete every single one of these dreams, he shared that he had learned a lot of life lessons.

I think that there is a lot we can learn from Randy Pausch about teaching and learning. One thing you can definitely learn from Pausch is that you have to be persistent in everything you do. Pausch was very persistent in achieving the things that he wanted to achieve. I also learned that there is always a better way to say something. An example that Pausch used, he said, "Instead of just I don't know, you can say I don't know because I don't have all the information about it." He also said, “The feeling that you have done something to make other people happy is priceless.” This just awesome. I love this. I feel that helping others is something that should always be done. Pausch had so many good things to say, these were just a few that really stood out to me.

Randy Pausch was a great man. He was such an inspiration to me. I took away so many things from his lecture that I will hold onto for a very long time.

Randy Pausch giving Last Lecture at Carnegie Mellon

Photo Source: www.wisdomportal.com


2 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah! I really enjoyed reading your post! Randy Pausch's lecture was definitely amazing! I learned some great life lessons! I to found it amazing that Randy Pausch still found joy through his illness. He was definitely a extraordinary person! Great Post Hannah!

    ReplyDelete