Friday, September 5, 2014

Blog #3

After watching the What is Peer Editing? video and looking at the Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial, I realized I may have been doing it wrong all along. I learned a lot about the way peer editing should be done. I should first compliment my peer and let them know what I like about their paper. I should then suggest some corrections to be made. While doing all of this, the most important thing to do is to stay positive. After all, I would not want anyone to be hateful to be about my mistakes.

The Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes video was so cute! I really enjoyed it. The one thing I really took away from this video was not to be so picky or mean when I am peer editing. You are only there to give suggestions and you should always stay positive! It is very important not to make your peer feel bad about themselves or their work.

a picture that says the word always be positive with a smiley face
Photo source: friskey.horseworld.se

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget that your picture must have alt and title modifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I'm working on fixing them all now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah! I liked your post, especially the part about staying positive. This plays a huge part when it comes to peer editing. It also helps that you thought about how you would feel when someone was correcting your mistakes. I think that would help anyone when it came to peer editing. Great post and I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete